I am a multimedia journalist, tech enthusiast, YouTuber and someone who loves working with every aspect of video. I’ve worked on film sets, extensively in post-production, built my own work computers, and have a deep appreciation for what makes it all tick.
Mobile phone: 636-866-9830 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in: Aurora, Colorado
Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D, Animated Infographics, Multi-Camera Editing, Color Correction, Audio Soundscapes, Mac/PC Environments.
Canon/Nikon DSLRs, Drone Videography, 360/VR Videography, Boom/Wireless Mics, Mobile Field Producing, Arri Light Kits, Time Lapses/Hyperlapses, RED Cinema Cameras.
Computer Building, Photography, HTML/CSS Design, App Development, Photoshop/InDesign, WordPress/Blox, Fact Checking, Deadline Driven.
Contract Video Editor – Avanoo
June 2018 – Present
- Craft short visual pieces in Adobe Premiere based on accompanying script and VO.
- Find or create footage conforming to visual style.
- Generate infographics and transitions to enhance story impact.
- Translate video content to numerous languages.
- Edit interviews to create a short, coherent story.
Photo and Video Editor – Columbia Missourian
January 2017 – May 2017
- Filmed and edited several centerpiece news videos.
- Placed 7th nationally for Hearst Multimedia news.
- Filmed and edited social promotional content for Facebook and Twitter general audiences.
- Created graphics & style guide for video content.
- Communicate with reporters to check quality of reporter-produced content and provide feedback.
- Edited and toned photos for web and print.
Grip & Sound Recordist – In The Wake of Ire
- Worked as sound recordist/boom op in core crew.
- Captured dialogue through boom & wireless mics.
- Monitored and recorded live audio through mixers.
- Worked as a grip constructing lighting schemes.
May 2013 – Present
- Worked with the American Red Cross to voice and edit a series of informational videos.
- Livestreamed St. Louis Surge and BallerTV basketball games, both solo and as part of a broadcast team.
- Filmed and edited recaps of events including martial-art tournaments and fashion shows.
University of Missouri: Columbia
Bachelor of Journalism
Interest in Convergence Journalism
Emphasis in Mulitmedia Producing
Minor in Film Production
Francis Howell North High School
St. Charles, Missouri
2013 Journalism Alumni
- Hearst Journalism Awards: 7th place in national Multimedia II/News.
- YouTube: 6.8 million lifetime views, and 27.5k subscribers for videos and original projects.
- Missouri Interscholastic Press Association: Superior Award in Individual Television category for video recap.
- Journalism Education Association: Excellent Award in Broadcast Sports Story category.